Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

måndag 27 augusti 2012

It actually gets cold in Paraguay...

I was kind of dubious about wether it really got as cold in Paraguay as everyone kept telling me, or if people here were just hypersensitive (Some Paraguayans thinks 25 degrees celsius is cold..), and was wondering why I packed so much hardcore swedish winterclothes... But, turns out that Paraguay gets cold aswell, and that I really need those winterclothes... Right now it's more or less 10 degrees Celsius and windy, not so pleasant...

This weekend I was at an AFS camp, with all the other participants on the school program, in a hotel named Villa Colonia Independencia, and I have no idea exactly where that is.
It was very nice meeting other AFS-ers, and also realize that more or less everyone shares some of my thoughts and problems, such as homesickness from time to time...

Every AFS person, wether it's a volouteer or participant, is so nice, it feels like we're one big family sometimes...

Nowadays, since two weeks, we also have a bunch of Italian participants. I really love their language, Italian has such a nice rythm and melody. Also, I'm realizing that my Swedish is getting really bad due to lack of use...

Ah, and sweet techology, it's driving me crazy. So, first my mailaccount, the one I've had from the age of 7, to which all my emails from AFS are sent, has been blocked and I don't seem to be able to open it up again.
And then my phone card (Yes, the one for which I paid 45 dollars just to make it work in Paraguay, not to mention the cost for the phonecard itself...) called in sick last week and now refuses to work. Gosh, life is probably easier without techology sometimes..

Otherwise, things are getting better and better. My spanish is improving (Sometimes my parents think I'm very quiet, but honestly, once I know Spanish, they won't be able to shut me up for one second...) and I've signed up for a gym nearby. I'm going there more or less every day for aerobic and some strenght exercises at the gym, which is really good. It always improved my mood and gives me alot more energy :)


Take care :)

Just a completely unrelated photo of a dead fish...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar