Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

lördag 18 augusti 2012

The Swedish KLADDKAKA enters Paraguay :)

Time is flying by, it seems... All of a sudden one of my 11 months has passed me by...  I'm starting to get more used to things here, and in some amazing, halfway magical way, I'm getting into the language more and more every day. It's a really amazing feeling when you suddenly understand what someone says without having to translate the words in your head!
I had a seriously stupid moment yesterday though. I went to the park with my AFS friends, and someone called to Charlene from an unknown number. Since she doesn't like talking on the phone I picked it up, and it turned out to be her mother. So, in a moment of total lack of though, I ask her if she wants to speak to Charlene... Seriously. I haven't felt that stupid in Paraguay before. But in an amusing way...










Wednesday, the 15th, was the day Asuncion was founded, so it was a free day for almost the whole Paraguay. I went to my first latinamerican Asado ( like a barbecue) at an uncle's house, which was very nice :) the meat here is really good and most people are very nice!




Wednesday, I also made a typical Swedish ´Kladdkaka´ 

Later that day I found out that I have a host-half-sister, and we went to her family for the evening. I really enjoyed it there, everyone was so nice, and they had the most adorable little dog. 6 months and constantly playing with her ball. At first she was very shy, but once we started playing she was very social, and then she barely left me alone for a minute. Puppies are amazing. As soon as they belong to someone else...

But damn, I really miss my doggie at home.


Enjoy life, smile and focus on the positive :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar