Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

fredag 10 augusti 2012

Day of San Lorenzo

 
Some guys from my Spanish class
My Park, gotta love it :)
I've been here for almost three weeks now and get more and more used to everyday life as it looks right now, with spanish classes every afternoon. This week, we've met up with some other AFS-ers after every class, usually in the park, to drink some soda and eat something, and it has been really nice. The spanish classes are really relaxed, I wouldn't say that we do much, but I appreciate hearing spanish (our teacher only speaks spanish) for three hours, you just have to pick up something.

The beautiful blue church here
This weekend, or mainly tomorrow, the 10th of august (the clock in blogger is set to european time, so it's already tomorrow there though it's today here, here it's 18.20 and home it's 00.20), there is a big celebration here in San Lorenzo, in respect of the man San Lorenzo (Saint Lawrence), a Christian Marture, who died this exact date, 258 AD in Rome.

Yes, you can tell that this country has been colonized by Europe.

Actually, the whole country is still in celebration about Paraguays Bicentario, which are the twohundred (and one, plus a couple of months) years that Paraguay has been free from colonizateurs (Is that a word?), from the 11th of May 1811 to now
Otherwise, things are just ticking on. Time is ticking by faster now that I actually do things, and I still have some troubles sleeping, but nothing serious. The cough is still hanging on, despite the medicine, and it also upsets my stomach, which is not so nice, but it doesn't give such big trouble, mostly just stomachache.
My medications
Of course the mood is up and down, as expected. Some nights (mostly nights) I really miss home, my forest, and being able to get out despite the dark, which is impossible here. Dangerous streets...
Also, and I never even reflected over how good it feels at home, but I really miss walking accompanied by a dog. People here don't walk their dogs, they just run around in the house and garden. I've seen two or three persons with dogs on a leach so far.


Talking about dogs, I really like the street dogs here. They're the total opposite of Hippie in Sweden, they're calm, clever and very polite. They might sniff your foot when you walk by, but mostly, they just look and continue their life. That is probably because they've had a hard time learning, and those who weren't too nice got killed... The life of street dogs in a crowded city isn't too easy...

Stay safe and take care :)
                                        Greetings from paraguay
Geese in the park
Some sellers





 A bit of junk shaped into things, and some accessories...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar