Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

onsdag 15 augusti 2012

San Bernadino and Aerobic

I've spent about a month on the other side of the globe now, and as I've been writing in previous posts, it has been alot of ups and downs, but I'm beginning to take Paraguay more and more to my heart and enjoy the sometimes completely crazy but mostly very nice life here. Friday is my last Spanish class arranged by the AFS, and Monday I'm going to start school. I'm so looking forward to it. I really hope I'm going to meet some new friends there :)
The last couple of days I've been doing quite alot of things, actually yesterday, when I intended to update this blog, I just didn't find the time to do it...






Saturday was really wonderful. We went to a city named San Bernadino. (For those who, like me, aren't wonders of geographical knowledge, it is by the lake Ypacarai, on the opposite side of Aregua, if I'm not totally mistaken (which is very possible, but still...) it's about 40 km south-east of Asuncion.)
The city was quite the opposite of San Lorenzo. It was quiet, clean and calm, and also very beautiful. 
This difference is mainly because people in San Bernadino are very rich, many families in Asuncion has summerhouses there. 
We walked around a little, to a church, a tiny little museum and to the lake. Also, we went to a bakery named Alemana, where they had a miraculously delicious thing named bollos. That is kind of like a doughnut, filled with Dulce de Leche (God's gift to mankind...). I bought some for my family as well.

Bollos (Pronounced "Buojjos"

 






Papaya









El Colectivo

AFS-ers :)

Family :)
 On Sunday, my family took me to a small fishing community by the river Paraguay, close to the bridge to Argentina. It was really nice there, but a bit too many cars and touristing people (Like us...) for it to feel like a genuine rural area. 
The main reason we went was because I previously told my family that fish is rather typical food in Sweden, so they wanted me to try the fish in Paraguay.
It was very sweet of them, but the dishes I tried were rather horrible compared to what I'm used to. The system of covering things with grease and salt instead of things with taste.
   


Yesterday I was in Asuncion twice. The first time we went to get a micro SIM card for my iPhone, which was quite complicated, we had to go to several places, because apparently my phone was locked for use in Sweden only or something like that. But now it works! Almost. One of the messages I've sent hasn't gotten through, and the text my mother sent from Sweden didn't get to me. We'll have to work on that.

 The second time I went to Asuncion I participated in Aerobic, which was VERY different from my beloved Friskis&Svettis aerobic in Sweden. The instructor was some kind of military dude with a loud voice who was cheering us on in a way that made me feel as if I was at a military camp. Seriously, my legs has hardly ever felt that sore, I was on the edge of just leaving at some point, and I can't remember the last time I was so sweaty. But I liked it anyway, I hope I'll be able to continue with it this year (I'll be in rather a brilliant shape...). I went today as well, came a bit late because of the traffic, but still rather exhausting...
My legs will hate me.

Take care and stay safe :)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar