Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

söndag 2 september 2012

LUQUE- and everyday life

So the last week has really just swished past, and it has been really really nice. The cold spell is now gone and we're enjoying the 30-degrees-and-sun- weather. I really, really REALLY have to work on finding (Read: convince myself to go and buy...) sunscreen. I still havent burned myself though, not even while being in the sun the whole day. But it's not a very nice feeling, considering skin cancer and the risk of getting badly burned. The sun is supposedly very strong here.

MANGOOOS!!! These trees are
everywhere :)
 

 It seems like a lot has been going on this week.
Monday was really chilly, windy and rainy, and since my sister was ill, she didn't have to go to school, which in some way I don't quite understand meant that I didn't have to go either. Me and Charlene, another exchange student, had decided to go to the aerobics in the evening, and seeing as I all of a sudden could go to the earlier class I went to the gym to look exactly when it was, and more or less by accident ended up in a spinning class. For the first time in my life.
In Spanish. That was more or less 40 minutes of "I have no idea what I'm doing" and moreover I thought I would go under at one point (I had no idea it was that exhausting...) But damn it was fun! :) Also, the music was almost only music I recognize from my Swedish aerobic classes.
So this week I went to that a couple of times as well as aerobics and gym.
 It's really funny though, at the beginning I was really dubious about both the gym and step aerobic, but now, after two weeks,
it's one of the highlights of my 'everyday life'.
I had this one intreresting bordering on awkward evening there this friday though.
The teacher/Instructor was ill or hurt or something, and didn't really participate, but more just told us what to do.  Keep in mind that I have no real idea of what the name of all the different 'stepcombinations' and jumps and thingies and usually just rely on being able to follow. I'm not sure I've been that amused since I came here actually, for some reason I found it really, really funny. Everyone is very nice at the gym too, probably the reason why I like coming there so much...

 Had this kind of embarrassing moment afterwards though, when I, after been wondering for the last week, asked the teacher what her name was and subsequently found out that she's the Rossana Beltrán after who the gym got its name. That's one of the moments you just smile and really use the excuse '...No hablo Español...'
Grapefruit flowers on our tree in the garden :)


Just enjoying the sun. ask me again in two months...

School uniform!! With hat :)
Everything's funnier with a hat!
Random picture





Yesterday was a really, really nice day. And LONG. Some of us AFS participants and volunteers decided to go on a little daytrip to Luque, which is in theory a suburb or a part of Gran Asinción, but in practice is more like a country within a country (INCEPTION. Or the Vatican state in Rome..)
As a swede, it was interesting to comethere, because football is a HUGE deal in Luque, and the team colors are blue and yellow, subsequently the whole city is more or less blue and yellow. Like a swedish souvenir shop..
As always, it was very nice to meet some people, just walk around and relax... We bought a kilogram of icecream and ate that, not too bad :) 
Also, it was a real bustravel-day. I've completely fallen in love with 'el colectivo', which is probably a good thing... So first we took the bus to Asunción (about 40 minutes), to meet at the head office of AFS Paraguay, then we took the bus to Luque. Then, for some reason, I decided to go back to Asunción (probably because I didn't have much else to do and I like spending time with nice people...), then back to Luque with the AFS-volunteer and then to San Lorenzo. The day was more or less 10 hours of fun, we've got to do that again :) With a camera next time...
Finished a painting too. More or less... :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar