Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

söndag 16 september 2012

Tereré


My new termo!! I've not even had it a week, and it already follows me
everywhere. With a ton of ice in it.
I'm an addict. Not to alcohol. Nor drugs, although I've been told that they are abundant here. No, the subject of my obsession is, since about two weeks back, Tereré.

The. Best. Thing. There. Ever. Were.

Not kidding you, at this end of the world, tereré basically decides wether you live or die. At it's best, it's served so cold that you almost don't know what hit you, and rest assured that you do need that smack on the head really, really much when the temperature climbs to 35 degrees Celcius with air so humid that it sometimes feels as though you could drink it. And we're not even close to how bad it's going to get in the summer. It isn't even spring yet, we still have one week of winter.


Yesterday, a couple of us AFS-ers met to pursue a picnic in the park Ñu Guasu (Again).
 Times and again, I find myself being the leader of our little pack. Yesterday, I had a certain sensation it made me more or less a small source of annoyance for a couple of moments, that is, on the route to the park, including 2 busses in 38 degrees heat. Seems legit, actually, I'd be a bit bothered too if I didn't know we would go on two busses before arriving. We had a really nice time when we finally got there though, it was a quite huge picnic with more food than it was possible to eat. Although me made a really good effort.
Also, riding policemen- and women passed by us on the little island where we were comfortably seated. They continued to have sort of a conference 30-ish meters from us about an hour. Still on horses. That appears to be close to the best job you could  possibly have according to me...


Moreover, this tuesday, on the memorial of the twin towers, I went to the football game I was referring to in a previous post, where I witnessed Paraguay going down spectacularly to Venezuela (2-0) . So I know I have basically NO IDEA about ANYTHING concerning football whatsoever, which means I have no right to say anything. But even I thought Paraguay (In case someone's curoius, the people here pronounce it ´Par-a-oay´) sucked... 
Though I couldn't help liking the spirit at the stadium, at least before it became apparent we were heading down (Upon the most football-enthusiastic person I've met so far here seemed to consider either to hang himself or jump from the stadium. Too well he didn't because he's a nice person...).
If I can, I think I'll be going to another match before long.

Rounding this little update of, I'm wishing my eager followers (Thanks, mom) a really nice week, life and all heath and happiness in the world :)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Annika Erixon (F&S)23 september 2012 kl. 18:01

    Hej Rebecka!
    Verkligen intressant att läsa!
    Jag har funderat på om din therere thermo har någon knytning till den "mate cup" jag använde när jag jobbade i Chile.
    Nu ser jag att den snygga saken du införskaffat tycks vara just en thermos med en tillhörande kopp och "surgrörssked".
    Det var precis det jag hade, alltså en mugg (i läder tror jag) med metallkant och en "sugrörssked".
    Inte på långa vägar lika snygg som ditt kit, men det är visst sjutton (skit!) år sedan så det fanns nog inte så så mycket att välja på ;o).
    Sköt om dig Rebecka!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hahaha! Det där som ser ut som jag vet inte vad efter mitt namn skulle vara (F&S) så att du visste vem jag var... Jag kan påpeka att det här är det första blogginlägget jag kommenterat - ever!

    SvaraRadera