Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

söndag 9 september 2012

I don't always participate in running competitions...

...but when I do, I end up as 5th among females.
Today, there was a charity marathon in my beloved Republic Of Luque (I don't know why I like that place so much, probably because of the park and the colors...). Calling it a marathon seems a bit exaggerated,  my leap was only 4 kilometers, and the other was 8, but still...!!



The last week has really been wonderful!

Yesterday, I made my own little excursion to Luque, apparently it's my destiny to spend time there... It's such a nice place though, and as a Swede (Not that I'm a hardcore swede.. not really. But still.) it's hard not to appreciate a city (Republic, whatever...) which is all tinted in yellow and blue. No shit: lampposts, busses, some houses, the flag (I think Luque has a blue/Yellow flag, correct me if I'm wrong), the football team...
I didn't really do much more than walking around and wathcing everything. Oh, yeah, someone told me "I couldn't get lost in Luque" so I decided to prove that wrong -.-' Only for a moment though...

It's a bit scary actually, since I came here, my sense of direction is totally off track. I find my way okay in San Lorenzo now, but I really can't point out north, to such a degree that I was wondering if north still is north on this half of the globe. (Which might have been my most stupid thought since arriving here. Oh no, north isn't north down here, it flips over when you cross the equatorial line. Facepalm)

Returning to the topic of football, that's a HUGE deal here. As a complete neutral in the question, I feel a bit misplaced at occasions. Honestly. Couldn't care less. So I'm working on that. I've decided Luque is my team (THE COLORS..!!) and also, I'm going to a game sometime.
I was thinking about going to Paraguay-Venezuela 11/9, but then my mother wisely pointed out that that was the WTC attack day and questioned the wiseness of attending an event that date. Now, I'm not all too supersticious or something, but she has a slight point. We'll see if I go or not :)
And, friday Paraguay lost spectacularly to Argentina, which is, as I've understood it, a bit of a touchy subject, since there's lots of rivality between the countries. The football game meant that my gym (Aka my favourite place here in san Lorenzo ) was almost completely empty. Which was nice in a different way. We were 4 people at the aerobic, including the leader. Reminds me a bit of Friskis&Svettis on some saturday mornings ;)
I also talked half an hour to the gym owner and aerobic instructor (This week they've been two separate persons, sometimesd they're not) over some terere afterwards. Now, people may or may not realize that keeping a conversation going for even five minutes in spanish only is a huge achievement for me... It's cool though, I understand most things now, like basically what people are talking about, without translate the words in my head. Reading and writing isn't much of a problem, but the talking is worse.
Most words you can guess what they mean and also understand, but they just aren't in my 'ready-to-use'- vocabulary. I'm sure we're getting there though, I mean, I've still only been here seven weeks. I have 37 left to learn ;)

Stay safe, take care

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar