Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

torsdag 24 januari 2013

Sorry planet...

My environmental-caring soul died this morning. Again.

Today, the topic was Disposal of medicine.
I am not sure if we are alone in this in Sweden, but getting rid of almost empty medicine packs or unusable medicines is a pretty complicated deal, involving putting them in special bags and bring them to a pharmacy.
Why? Because otherwise, the medicine may a) turn up where it should not be, or b) damage the environment. And there are probably other reasons as well.
Seeing as Paraguay basically lacks every system available to prolong this planets ability to sustain us, it was not with a big deal of hope I wandered into the pharmacy and asked if they could take care of it for me.
I am not sure I have ever confused anyone as much as I befuddled this poor clerk attending me. She had no idea why on earth I brought my drugs there. She indicated that there was a trashcan outside the building.
I am totally convinced she thought it was a practical joke.
Well, not being the one shying away from sharing aspects of my own culture, I swiftly told her about our disposal of drugs in Sweden. She still didn't have the faintest clue on what the hell I was talking about...
It made me a little dejected about the hope of future. Again. Paraguay does that to me and my exchange peers every once in a while.
After seeing some things here, I can not honestly say that I think we will be able to make enough change within a reasonable time span, so as to reverse the damage we are inflicting on this earth.
I will be trying my best because I still want to believe that there's hope.
But it makes me feel really dejected.

On a happier note; my quails are doing better!! My half-bald girls are getting a better plumage already. They're still very shy, but they seem to enjoy a gentle massage over the back.
I brought them sand... I've never seen a bird that excited! They still don't have any eggs, but at least they're happier!
I let them be on the grass ( in a cage of course) at least a couple of hours a day, to eat ants and grass, and they seem to love it.

Stay safe, take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar