Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

onsdag 9 januari 2013

Something of a rant ahead

I'm sorry Paraguay, I will now be raging over a thing that actually bothers me. I am not sure if the news selection allows more bullshit or if (probably inexistent) agencies of dumbass-control in general does a poor job, but here goes:

So, accidents happen. This is a fact, because we are human beings. Everything can't be controlled, we all make mistakes. Y bueno, this does not come as a surprise to anyone I am sure.

Except. The. Entire. Fucking. Population. Of. Paraguay.

(with entire, I of course don't mean entire as in 100% but merely more than I am used to, and also, exaggeration makes for funnier reading, so hold your horses)

So let me state you some examples.

A couple of months ago, a school class of kids at age of 10-11 went on a trip. In a bus. Busses lack airco, and to avoid the boiling of the people riding them, the windows are open.
So this one kiddo keeps sticking his head out of the window, time and again, despite the teachers yelling at him to stop, repeatedly.
So finally he sticks that head out for the last time, because, the busses traveling on roads, there are lampposts.
I do not need to say much more than that the kid was basically decapitated. And it is horrible, I do not mean to say anything else, it is a horrendous thing to happen, and I am sorry for everyone who knew the kid.
But here's the thing:
about a week afterwards, this kids family goes out on a campaign that would make any politician green of envy, seeking "Justice for whatever-his-name-is".
If I mind? Yes, sir I do mind!

And I need to repeat that I do not mean to be insensitive. I understand perfectly well that the parents are destroyed and want to do something, something to soothe that immense grief. Also, if they had a huge festival of Rest In Peace before the funeral, fine by me, I would not mind, maybe even buy a sticker to show compassion for the family.

But excuse me, dear sir father. From whom are you seeking to demand justice? From the bus? From the lamppost? From the school which took the kids on a trip? From the driver who didn't give the lamppost a wide berth? The teachers who told him repeatedly not to stick his head out? The road? The one who placed the post there? I am sorry but the truth is that in that exact moment, your kid was rather unclever, for not listening to the teachers and keeping sticking out his head. And unfortunate circumstances lead to his tragical death. That. Is. It.

There is no fucking justice to be sought. I, and many with me, see your campaign as a disrespectful, bitchy wining for attention. Although I understand that you want to do something, I get annoyed. I move out of compassion and into resent and annoyance. And I can not believe that the news allow this bullshit to be broadcasted. For a number of reasons.

And so to my second example, in which I'm involved at a lesser distance.
The first of January, a relative of my hostfamily died in a horrible car accident. His girlfriend (who, incidentally, came out clean on the alcohol test) was driving and lost control of the car, which went of the road, hit a tree and exploded. She got away with serious burns but unfortunately the guy died in the flames, and probably even on the impact.
For which I'm sorry, as a human being, even if I didn't know him.

But look at that, again his family are demanding justice, with banners and posters all over San Juan Bautista, the city where he lived.
And this time it's from the girlfriend they're seeking justice.
I actually learned this at the house of the deceaseds' family, upon which I almost choked on a mango and with difficulties swallowed down my "are-you-serious"es.
Because yes ma'am they're serious. They fully blame the girlfriend, they want the police to arrest her (I suppose for murder) or for her to be banned out of the city.
The phrases I hear are similar to "we want to make sure she doesn't kill any more people" and "no other person should have to suffer as we have suffered because of her".
I right now find my brain being overloaded with annoyed thoughts.
I can't help but wonder... Do these people think it would have been better if she died aswell?
Do they honestly believe that she hit that tree on fucking purpose? Or that she wanted her boyfriend dead?

I think these kinds of campaigns are pure bullshit. Of course, if there was any justice to be sought, go ahead if you please. I mean, of course it makes you feel better, even if it doesn't bring your loved one back.
But please dear lord of dumbass, stop trying so desperately to seek a culpable person, realize that accidents happen every one in a while and focus on getting out of the worst grief... The world is a rough place anyway. And I get sad over this.

That was what I wanted to say.
Take care, love and forgive.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar