Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

måndag 28 januari 2013

Reflection

Thinking back on especially the last six months, but basically the last couple of years, I'm realizing that all the of the moments that left big impact on me, the memories of which I really cherish, are all of small, fleeting, elusive everyday moments.
Something so easy as being there and patiently listening to, or just sitting silently with, someone needing compassion... a walk in the woods, an afternoon spent doing nothing with a person you're comfortable with... An intriguing discussion, just those moments you haven't planned.

Funny, isn't it, How we chase those grandiose, extraordinary experiences, in the march trampling over our actual life, planning for a future you can't be sure you'll experience.

I believe happiness happens when you pause in the moment, knowing and acknowledging,
"This is good. I'm grateful for this moment. This moment is my life. Not tomorrow, or next week, next year... This exact moment"

Just a thought. Shared with you.
Take care.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar