Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

torsdag 13 december 2012

Paraguay, oh Paraguay....

I'm getting the impression that either the world has changed drastically this year, or that Paraguay is a slightly ill-adapted country.
It's like Paraguay is unused to be Paraguay. Like someone moved a country from another climate zone to south america, but forgot to tell its citizens about it.

It is raining today. In fact, in some parts of the country it's storming. Pretty badly. Here in SanLo? Well, you're alright if you possess a boat.
Every time it rains more than 15 minutes, it makes up 70% of that days news-reports.
I feel this is very odd. I mean to say... This country must have been situated here for a pretty darn long time. One would assume that it would have gotten used to rainstorms. One would assume that there existed some water draining system in the cities (in San Lorenzo there's one: the whole city is tilted. My friend Charline knows this, because she lives at the very bottom and occasionally have to exit her house in swimsuit, which is possibly the reason she nowadays takes swim classes).
Actually, I cannot speak for the whole Paraguay, there might be cities with excellent water drainage... But I yet have to see them.

Also, and I feel that I have raged about this before a couple of years ago, but anyhow: CHRISTMAS.
I cannot possibly get into my head that Christmas is not even two weeks away.
Something else I don't get? Why, Christmas decorations?! Why are you snow and ice- themed?! In a country with 40°C in December?
Why? Who? How?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar