Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

söndag 9 december 2012

Not the most successful pilgrim the world has seen

The 8th of December is a huge deal in Paraguay. This day, in fact the whole of December, people from all over the country pilgrim to the church Virgen De Caacupé in honor of its upcoming on this exact date 1765, as well as Virgen María.
All in all, so far this year 3 million people have pilgrimed to there and so, we thought, should we.
The plan was going on Friday night, like most people do, and all of Friday it was all good. Until three hours before we were due to depart. Then there was a fair amount of thunder and a little rain. Rain and potential storm was also on the forecast for the night.
Still having the last horrendous storm in mind, we felt a little squeamish and decided not to go on Friday night but instead go on Saturday morning. At 6.
Putting it this way: I'm mostly that person who annoys the shit out of non-morning persons by calling at hours one could consider cruel and wanting to do stuff. Even so, the prospect of walking at the very least 16 km in at the very least 30°C with, I'm not exaggerating, at least half a million other people did not thrill me to an exploding point, although I really wanted to do it for the experience.
However, it was not with the biggest sorrow that I received a text from a fellow potential pilgrim, Alicia, reading "maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all... Unless you're all up and ready"
So. Yeah. No.
Not a single pilgrim step was taken that day. Although we still are thinking about doing it nighttime the upcoming week.

On another theme: The Friday night I experienced my first football game where my team wins!! I, let's call it pilgrimed, with my fellow Luqueños Natalia and Joël (all in matching shirts since I'm nowadays also the proud owner of a REAL Luque one!!!) to the Estadio Monumental Feliciano Cáceres ("El Chiquiero") (there, have a fancy Spanish name, it's the stadium in Luque).
And HELL YEAH carajoo we won that game!!! (1-0 against Independiente) Meaning Luque stays in the first division next year!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar