Välkommen :)

Nowadays I use this blog to keep track of my Paraguayan exchange year. Por Favor, don't use the pictures without my permission. Gracias

lördag 1 december 2012

LADY GAGA!

I haven't actually been to a concert in my life- before Monday the 26th of November. Imprint the date, that's the day I lost my concert-virginity spectacularly and grandiosely at Lady Gagas 'Born this way'-tour.

I've said this before, but every so often, I'm struck by the thought "this is the most awesome thing I'll ever witness or experience". And this country is just all like:




How brilliant is my life??!!

So I actually wasn't going to this concert, since I really couldn't justify the money spent on it to myself.
But turns out, when my family got the ticket for my hostsister, that there was an offer where you could get two tickets for the price of one. So the night before they just casually tell me that "oh, you've got a ticket to Lady Gaga too". Oh get outta here carajo!! Gosh, that is just too kind of an act! 

So we went. At 3 pm. The show began at 7,30. That is, some random band began playing at 7.30. The concert began at 9.15... Basic math gives that we were standing in wait for 6 hours.
Not that it was just boring.

So in line, before we could enter, we were standing with the first transvestites I've actually seen in real life. And some gay people. It was hilarious. I mean, they are a little more than just "normal people", let's face that. But it doesn't bother me, since it is really widely accepted in Sweden and the major part of the west world. 
However, this country in general is not used to it. So those couple of hours before we could enter the actual arena were majorly spent watching outher peoples' reactions to seeing these people. And I wasn't sure if I should be sad about that a majority here are still very narrow-minded or amused by how horrified some people looked....

So then we got in. And got a reasonably good spot, with our realtively cheap-ass tickets (150 SEK, 15 Euro or 23$). Next to a group of gay guys. To be fair, I was standing in the middle of them, and they were REALLY nice to me, and too goddamn funny. I was on several occasions during our 4 hour wait together just literally laughing my ass of at their jokes and remarks... 

My little portrait of this fascinating woman

 Your could also say that we got unvoluntarily close to each other. This had nothing to do with attraction or flirting, but was merely due to the HUUGE crowd of people pressing on everyone from all sides. In some moment during the hours we were squeezed together a kind of cooperation merged and we kind of kept track of each other to make sure so one got lost in the crowd, and also we alteriorated the resting moments where one would sit on the ground while at least one person was keeping check so that they weren't run over in the dark. 


The reason I get so explicit on this subject is that it was so fascinating to me, I mean, there was this group of gay people, two other girls they didn't know before, me and another guy, with Lady Gaga-inspired eyeliner. This guy is, btw, one of the persons I could have considered befriending... Only that I did not have the presence right then to ask his name to track him on facebook. Well Shit. I do need some more friends down here.  
And so the show started. And from that point onwards... my mind was just totally blown away by how awesome it all was. How Grand it all was. I wish I could have described it all exactly how it was, but honestly, it was beyond words. 
And so, I mean, I've always liked Lady Gaga, her music. I have been very natural towards her as an individual so to say, I've never been this fan who knows everything (or anything for that matter) but neither have I been negative. Just neutral.
But the feeling... we were at least 5 000 people in the crowd. EVERYONE was singing along, jumping and cheering. I was sharing one experience with a huge crowd of people, united. And the feeling of that... you cannot simply describe. I think it calls on something within you, your instinct to be connected.


And the love! EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. Was just oozing of love towards Lady Gaga. Whatever she said was recieved with agreement and love. Even if some people didn't understand her as she spoke in english, everyone was so excited that she actually was speaking. Everytime she said Asunción, everyone lost it.
And let me say this: If every one of my attempts to speak spanish had been so warmly cheered, my spanish would be SO DAMN GOOD by now :)

And I was really touched by what she said. We all were. At one point, more of less every person present was crying. Me included. What was I saying about connection?

So a bit that I loved about the show. It was SO rightout. She was showing so clearly, that we are all people, regardless of skin color and sexual preference. She had a black, gay dancer whom, if I'm not confused, also kissed at a point. At another point of the show, she basically had sex with one of her female dancers. but with clothes. And it was no big deal. I think this country needs that.


All in all, and you can tell I'm absolutely awestruck bu this show. And you would have been too. I promise.


Take care, Stay safe.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar